Saturday, April 25, 2009

Time is flying

Time is flying as fast as it can and I am trying to catch up with every moment. So many things to do, so much time and so much much laziness too ...

I have been planning to write a post since long time and I don't need to complete the sentence now... Just got too many things on top of my mind that they evaporate quickly in the heat of the summer making me oblivious to them till they condense and pour as heavy showers in the night when I am too tired to move my limbs to do anything about them.

I am falling in love with Bangalore again and again for its wonderful weather. How I wish the rains followed the GST (Gelf Standard Time) (thanks to Chandu for coining GST, I really liked it) so that it rains after we get back home from work. It is such a mess to drive in the rain when the roads are flooded with water and the car guy next to you splashes it on your not-so-often-washed bike. Anyways, its much much better than the scorching heat that does not let you sleep in the night. Okay!! I know I know...I can hear you... Bangalore heat is not heat at all... God salute to those who bare the heat in places like Kothagudem. For all I realize that I have withstood worser temperatures on both sides of the scale in Pilani. Times when we had to cover the entire face just leaving 2 holes for the eyes to see the road.. times when we were blinded by fog and could not see what's ahead ..Yep, those were times of the past. Now, I am used to the chill breeze of Bengalooru and my body screams to the scroching heat.

Oops.. from where to where.. I wanted to write about something else and ended up analyzing my reactions to the heat and the rain. This is exactly what happens to me, I start with something and end up some where else... Anyways, coming to the point (what's the point??)... Yea!! My list of ever-to-be done things...

1. Write a post which I am doing
2. Write a post on RunForAshwini blog specifying more details on sponsoring a child.
Hey!! If you have not seen this blog, please go and check it out.
I am planning (and planning) to write a separate post to cover this topic.
3. Start reading the book of this month for my OT challenge.
With all enthu I bought the book 'Train to Pakistan' spending close to half a grand (huh!!!) and have not gotten my hands over it yet!! Days are running.. got only 5 more days in this month...
BTW, I have found the book for the next month - 'Love in the Times of Cholera'. Thanks to Goli for suggesting that.
4. Next month is going to be fun with uncle and aunty. It would be good if Shravs n Bunny join. That means, pv n me gotto finalize a place for the trip. If it is damn diffi for "us" to find a place for dinner (the other day we drove from HalliMane in Malleswaram to Bobs in Jeevan Bhima Nagar not being able to find even one suitable place for dinner - Why?? That needs the space of a post for itself.. so I will write about it sometime later. We finally ended up having puchka's, sandwich and juice for dinner), I don't need to say about the rest. But, we shal together come to some conclusion atleast the day before the travel... So no worries.
5. Put clothes for wash - Hurrah!!! I did that, but one more round pending.. Pv says its my favorite job.
6. Have to buy Shabo's wedding gift - She got married Nov last year and I am yet to gift her.
7. Mom is coming tomorrow which means I gotto clean the house and make it look neat atleast on the first glance. It is impossible for me to achieve her cleanliness goals, still gotto do something.
8. Pin-up board - this was part of my new year resolution that I would list down the places I have visited in the year and the ones I want to visit on the pin-up board. Neither did the visiting happen nor did the pin-up board stay up :-) Pv n me put all our efforts n knowledge of physics, chemistry, math and bio too to fix it on the wall and let it stay but the board was too adamant and always want to fall. This time, its gonna be a hang-or-throw situation. If its not gonna work this time, I am gonna throw it off and buy a ready made pin-up board :-)

By now, I realize that the rest of the things have already evaporated and will come back as part of the evening showers. I shall complete these now.

If you are still reading, my thanks to you. In all probability, you might have seen some part of you in the above lines, I am happy to see you too sailing in the same sea if not the same boat :-)

All in all, this week seems to be a pretty satisfying one, I completed my own 'windows task manager' like application @ work, did somethings towards a change in project, managed the house when mom was not there (my huge success item.. well!! 1 more day to go), had been a good girl as always. Full Stop, no comments expected on the last line.

9 comments:

Ramakrishna Podila said...

good going!! I know, why you can't find a suitable place for dinner ;)...i bet it can't fit into a post!!!

Great, you should also push ur better half to get back to blogging!!!

Unknown said...

great Aarthi... i read ur post fully :P
and I completely agree with ur view abt Bangalore weather.. thts why I like this city alot...
and yeah.. I do have a big list of TODOs in my plate.. but the same laziness bug doesn't want to leave me..
btw, am looking forward for tomorrows meeting.. hope it doesn't rain n spoil all the plans.. thts also a problem with Bangalore :P it rains when we don't want it to..

Aarthi said...

@Bobby - Yup, one post is not enough. With IPL, guess my better half finds some interesting stuff to blog.

@Prasad - Me too looking forward to our meeting. Its bright n sunny so far, am hoping it does not rain.

Chandu said...

ok don't worry folks it WON'T rain. Chandu d demi-god says it...oops just realized that I can't tamper the date of comment! Cleaning house just before mom arrives is the fun part of it. Thank god om's doesn't make surprise inspections!

Aarthi said...

Chandu, I will ask aunty to come home soon so that gets to see how clean you keep the house. BTW, I hope you got ur dose y'day night after we left :-)

Chandu said...

Nope aarthi, zach was the savior. looks like she was convinced. Impractically idealistic! right, but does not suite the current trend. Takes some time for her to realize

Sum said...

:)
I sure am sailing in the same sea!

Unknown said...

oh Aarthi.. chandu is lying.... I heard that he got so nicely that he took oath never to talk abt "snake-man-bites" or such examples henceforth :P
try explaining tht to PV.. lets see if he understands that.. :)

Aarthi said...

@Prasad - I was wondering how Chandu cud escape. Thanks for telling me that :) If I tell that to PV, am sure he will make his own story out of it... We will try when all of us are together, it will be fun.

@Chandu -Man!! u r gonna get more after your today's mail. This time I don't want to miss the action. I will be there to witness it. All the best :)

@Sum - You too in the same sea.. good good. I managed to get some tasks done over the weekend. No matter how many I complete, the list keeps growing like hanuman's tail...