Saturday, May 23, 2009

Run for Ashwini

The Sunfeast Bangalore 10K run is happening in Bangalore on May31st. Yeppie...its coming again!! I am all game to run the 5.7kms, it was so much fun last 2 times.

Like the last 2 times, this time too I am running for the cause of 'educating under-privileged children' supported by Ashwini Charitable Trust fondly known as ACT.

I've been volunteering for ACT for more than 4 years now. It has been a truly wonderful experience for me being with those children, see them grow and come out in flying colors.

ACT is participating in the run for
1. Creating awareness amongst people about the cause
2. Raising funds to pay the children's fee for the coming academic year (2009-2010)

Today, ACT supports around 100 children of age groups varying from 3 years to 18 years. The estimated cost of educating these kids is around Rs.10Lakhs for the coming year.

If any of you think you can help these children by sponsoring for their education, please please let me know. We need support from everyone to accomplish the mission.

I have no doubts on the capabilities of these children - the proof of the pudding came yesterday when we heard 2 of our children made jobs by themselves without any recommendation in big firms.


The table below will give you an idea of how much it costs to educate a child for one year.

Let me know if you would like to sponsor a child. If you are interested to Run for Ashwini, go ahead and get registered. I promise you, its going to be fun and a more satisfying experience as you help spread the message.

All contributions are eligible for tax exemption under section 80G

For more details on the Run for Ashwini campaign - check the blog

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yaay... we did it :)
it was fun running in the marathon... isn't it?
and great to see the amount of success we got this year.... and thanks to you Aarthi for organizing many things n also communicating with us time n again abt what is to be done.....

Aarthi said...

@Prasad, it was great fun indeed. This year, it was all the more special as we had targets to achieve and the joy knew no bounds when we crossed the targets. 3 cheers to ACT.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.