Sunday, November 15, 2009

I want to enjoy my childhood, ma

"I want to enjoy my childhood, ma", this was an article in the last Sunday's Hindu paper. This article really moved me and I could so much identify with that child.

What surprised me even more was to see Dr.Abdul Kalam's response to it in a few days. His reply was also publishes on the Hindu. Here is a poem from his article that I liked very much.

The Student’s Prayer

Don’t impose on me what you know,
I want to explore the unknown
And be the source of my own discoveries.

Let the known be my liberation, not my slavery.
The world of your truth can be my limitation;
Your wisdom my negation.

Don’t instruct me; let’s walk together.
Let my richness begin where yours ends.

Show me so that I can stand
On your shoulders.

Reveal yourself so that I can be
Something different.

You believe that every human being
Can love and create.

I understand, then, your fear
When I ask you to live according to your wisdom.

You will not know who I am
By listening to yourself.

Don’t instruct me; let me be.
Your failure is that I be identical to you.”

I thought, there is a connectivity among young hearts even beyond ocean — “I only want to enjoy my childhood, ma” and “The Student’s Prayer.”

All these meaningful articles make me more fond of Hindu than any other newspapers :-)

5 comments:

Jayadeep(JDP) said...

My father used to read Hindu and I liked it because of the superb coverage for sports news. But lack of local content forced me to read TOI, which is otherwise a yellow one. But it appears things have improved a lot and I am planning to move towards Hindu again. But my sports(read football) reading is mostly online these days.

Aarthi said...

Jayadeep, they are still not the best when it comes to local news coverage in Banaglore (in chennai, they are very good). However, their open page and sunday magazine articles are too good to miss.

Anonymous said...

I wish not concur on it. I regard as precise post. Specially the appellation attracted me to read the intact story.

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

الجزار said...





شركة دار الامل
شركة تنظيف بالدمام
شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام
شركة تنظيف فلل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف سجاد بالدمام